Tuesday, June 11, 2013

It Went Well

Yesterday, June 10, 2013 was the surgery.

Raymon says to say "Hi."


Since I overnighted in the room, I could not get to the ol' computer to blog my great wisdom. As you remember, the hospital does not have WIFI so blogging isn't possible. Or emailing. Or as so many as of learning via my phone server, calls over one minute. 

But watching over my guy is / was.

So it is later Tuesday and I am home. Typing away.

After surgery he was put on the after surgery floor. Somehow this makes a major difference. During the last surgery, the hospital was tremendously overcrowded and he was put on the seventh floor. Those 7th floor poor folks were run ragged with the needs of post-op and regular patients.

With Raymon on the post-op floor, which appeared designed with post-op in mind, he also received more timely (in my mind) care. But as the wife, I really have to be fair...no one could be good enough!

But these folks came close last night.

Except for the clock. That thing could have been removed. In fact when I find the suggestion box or a strong screwdriver, I think I just might make some adjustments. It was silent movement, no problem there. It was simply large with one of those cage faces on it. And it is the first thing your eyes see when you open them, so matter where you are in the room. It would be helpful if taking a pulse, but since nurses wear watches that take fork lifts to put their arms anyway...this clock is simply for decoration. And it is most annoying. 

Why? Bbecause it shows every minute you are laying in the bed, even if you believe you have successfully navigated a slice of time, that clock tells you plainly that it has only been 20 minutes since you last looked. Trust me, that did not help Raymon through the night. Every time he opened his eyes, half awake even, he was jerked alert to see only one hour had passed since he last looked. 

Those of you who have seen Raymon of late know that he remains his tall self. Only add a few more pounds to that. Not much, only middle-age stuff. Then remember the charmer, maker of self- appreciation, and knower-of-forthrightness within him. Add it up and just try to refuse to give this sweet man a hand. Yeah, right, like you could either! 

My solution? Kiss him bunches, put him to work on his new exercises, glance at the clock and then go home!


No comments:

Post a Comment