Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Tick Tick Tick...

Everybody ready?

We are almost ready. I think we are delaying the inevitable. Oh, the big stuff is done, like agreeing to do it! But I just realized that we need to stop the paper for a couple of days. And I need to really clean the house, not the straighten up kinda clean; the mop / dust / and bleach the bathtub clean, ho hum. Oh, and a manicure.

So much has been going on here between surgeries. A young couple gave birth to their first, a beautify baby boy yesterday. Another first born, our new ECC Creative Group took its first steps last Sunday. We joined the Creative Group--it is the fourth home group of the Everyday Christian Church. (When we arrived, there were two. God has really blessed the work here. It has been a joy to witness.) The recent Memorial Day picnic turned into a bunch of folks from church gathering for an afternoon together. The day of baptism, five, was astronomical. And that number grew to seven as the day continued. The math tutoring and tennis camp happened we hear! I enjoyed a weekly ladies bible study and together we were blessed by visiting angles.

The brand spanking new juicer we purchased this week to begin our super healthy new life style has been returned. I ordered the wrong juicer. It's jet size motor looked efficient but somehow the squishier part was bigger than the refrigerator and thus a tad too big for our NYC kitchen.

In truth, I think I ordered the wrong juicer subconscienously in order to sabotage the juicing prospects. Don't let me mislead you, truly we both are seriously looking forward to this. We've purchase the fruit and veggies, played around with recipes and everything, except the actual juicing part. Blended veggies make a decent dip by the way.

These last days prior to hospital hour include a play, a luncheon with long-time NYC friend we've not yet gotten to visit since we've been here, another friend's granddaughter's 1st piano recital, post-surgery clothing, laundry, banking, meal delivery for couple with new born in the church, last full worship service for a while for Raymon and depending on weather (rain coming though), outdoor stuff.

Raymon is ready.

So many have been praying here and in Texas.

Praise God for His glory.




1 comment:

  1. I am sure it seems more like T-I-C-K............. T--I--C--K....................................... T----I----C---K..................................
    ................................................. for you guys. I know that I would really want to get this medical adventure over and done with if I were in your shoes. We are all supporting the Big Guy and his biggest supporter (that's YOU Lindy) and pray for a speedy and successful conclusion to this episode of your lives.

    Love,
    Bozo 2

    ReplyDelete