Monday, August 12, 2013

Dove Bars

Tonight we had a tasty treat, a Dove Ice Cream bar. 

That single luscious indulgence is a trip down memory lane for us.


Walking NYC's 5th Avenue from lower Manhattan to the Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center on Christmas Eve became our tradition back in the 1980s. One of those years, we tasted roasting chestnuts, yuck. Trust me, the song is so much better. 


Some time around 1985 I think, we were approached by a rolling refrigerated cart and a young man, equally refrigerated. As I recall, we all were refrigerated. It was freezing but no one seemed to mind. It was the perfect weather for Christmas Eve in New York City.


[You know, this could have been a street festival in China Town. Christmas Eve makes a better story. Proceed.]


The young man approached us with a test product called Dove Bars. They were not yet on the market. He was passing them out, asking folks to give them a try and what they thought.


Its been almost 30 years since that original Dove Bar. My 1st in NYC. Tonight was my 2nd in NYC. 


I'm glad we got to try it all those years ago. Kinda makes you wonder if something we said had anything to do with them being here today. 




excuse me, my mind is going to wonder now...

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved this story. Beautifully written vignette!!

    ReplyDelete