Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Friends To The Rescue (written earlier)

This posting was written after Raymon, home from the hospital was still sleeping in the front room. He had the pull-out sofa while I had the bedroom and king-size bed all to myself!

It made for a perfect arrangement giving him plenty of equipment and sprawling room. And it was perfect for me as well. One person in a king-size bed, what can I say!
________________________________________________________________________________

Its seems running and jumping into a bed with risers under it really isn't a very smart thing to do. Especially at 3:00 A. M. in the morning.

I sprained most of my leg muscles. Smart, eh?

Yes, with Raymon laid up in the front room pull-out and most of the pillows, I decided I wanted a bit of attention too.

Sunday morning neither of us were moving much.

A blurry of text messages and emails later, two amazing friends sailed to our aid bearing ice cream and tex-mex food. We were 80 % healed by their gifts alone.

They then hit the grocery list, delivered the laundry to the laundromat (to be re-delivery by the laundromat the next day) and performed various house cleaning chores. I think I will sprain something on a regular basis!

Another gift of food by another dear friend came later that day. It will last through today and tomorrow.

Yet again a forth dear friend who lives down the hill and across the city public park answered scrambled voice message. He heard a panicked call that we needed help. He literally ran the hilly mile distance to see if we were okay. I felt terrible. The message we really sent was that "we are okay and do not need help."

_______________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment