Monday, April 22, 2013

1st Sunday


No worries, I don't plan on giving a day-by-day report. But several Facebook messages, emails and texts have come in asking for updates and exactly how to get on the blog. In my (pick one) state of brain waves, I inverted the numbers of the blog address. Oops. Now, hopefully most folks can get on.

Sunday. Each day has been better. Today however was a tiny step back back but he then moved passed that as he stretched beyond his own believed "helplessness".  I have to keep reminding him that it is okay to be down for a while.

Four days away from the surgery and he can walk, talk clearly, climb two steps and actually move fairly well. Not too shabby for the big guy.

Yesterday we had five visitors and several long phone calls. I did nip one phone call in the bud. I am learning as we go on that end. I even turned off both phones after 8 PM. And he sat up in the chair, not as long as yesterday, but close!

The visitors tired him but the talking really helped. In fact, that is the best medicine. Of course it clears the lungs and makes him breath deeper. But thinking below the surface, below the pain meds--I like that! And going longer between meds is also great.

Tomorrow is first flight of stairs day, stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. OK -- if talking actually helps, then singing must be even better for him.

    Ready Raymon: A one, and a two and a ...
    If the river was whiskey and I was duck,
    I'd swim to the bottom and never come up...
    Oh baby be mine...

    You know the rest. If this one doesn't appeal to you, then try a Singing Armadillos old standard.

    I am glad you are progressing. I will let a few more days pass before I call you. I did return you call but went to voicemail. Hard to see on the camera phone if you are sleeping or not when I want to call, so rather than risk disturbing your rest, I have elected to stay up to date using Lindy's wonderful blog, and bide my time before reaching out telephonically.

    Love,
    Bozo 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have exactly the same thoughts as Bozo 2

    ReplyDelete